Grassroots innovators (GRIr) have benefited the community by innovating products and services that are useful and of values to their community. However, their contributions are often neglected, not brought to proper authorities for their development and advancement. GRIr are national assets contributing to social and economic growth. GRIr need proper recognition, capacity building initiative to motivate, sustain them to innovate better solutions, provide leaderships at grassroots level.
This project was funded by The Boeing Company under Boeing Global Corporate Citizenship (BGCC). In the first sequel, the project has successfully accredit 20 grassroots innovators in 2016 and with the BGCC support again an additional 20 grassroots innovators are selected for APE in the second sequel, 2017.
Through Lifelong Learning Initiative – Accreditation of Prior Experience (APE) platform, an individual’s expertise, skills and experiences officially recognized based on National Occupational Skills Standards (NOSS) into Malaysian Skills Certificate qualifications: Certificate of Competency, MSC levels 1 to 3, Diploma Malaysian Skills or Advanced Diploma Malaysian Skills; awarded by the Government.
The program will be implemented throughout Malaysia, segmented into six (6) zones which are North, South, Central, East Coast, Sabah and Sarawak.
- Recognize Malaysian grassroots innovators for innovating and implementing solutions facing their community hardships.
- Establish a Lifelong Learning Program that provides education access to GRIr for their development and advancement using Accreditation of Prior Experience mode for Malaysia Skills Certificate award.
- Build leadership capacity in grassroots innovation movement and community.
- Empower GRI for social and economic mobility to improve their wellbeing.
- Enrol Grassroots Innovators in Accreditation of Prior Experience (APE) program under the Department of Skills Development Malaysia.
- Accredit and award highest level of Malaysian Skills Certificate according to their expertise, skills and experiences.
- Increase the number of qualified and certified skilled individuals among the grassroots community.
RECIPIENTS OF MALAYSIAN SKILLS CERTIFICATE – SEQUEL 1 (2016)
|No.||Candidate Name||Program Code||Level||Innovation|
|Sector: EE: Electrical & Electronic, Telecommunication & Broadcasting Industry|
|1||Hamid Jasmin||EE-214-3:2016||3||Mini Hydro|
|Sector: MC: Machinery & Equipment|
|2||Wagiman Bin Dullah Abedi||MC-074-1 &
|1 & 2||Gerabak Air Hitam|
|3||Muhammad Nuruzon Bin Wagiman||MC-074-1 &
|1 & 2||Gerabak Air Hitam|
|4||Sopa Bin Yahya||MC-074-1 &
|1 & 2||Penugal Nenas|
|5||Norazam Bin Abd Samad||MC-074-1 &
|1 & 2||Pembuatan Sabun & Mesin Mixer|
|6||Mujib Ahmad Bin Abd Rashid||MC-074-1 &
|1 & 2||Propeller|
|7||Ibni Saiful Soom Phong Bin Abdullah||MC-074-1 &
|1 & 2||Alat Mengangkut Kubota (AMT 10)|
|8||Hamzan Bin Hashim||MC-074-1 &
|1 & 2||Sangkar Penyembelihan Mudah Alih|
|9||Siteo Bin Akang||MC-074-1 &
|1 & 2||Mesin Pelerai Padi|
|Sector: SS: Souvenir & Small Enterprise|
|10||Zayrul Rizo Osman Leong||SS-200-2:2013 &
|2 & 3||Pangrok Sulap|
|11||Haji Kasmin Bin Haji Abd Jabar||SS-205-3:2012||3||Wau Lipat|
|Sector: FB: Business Management|
|12||Hendry Charles||FB-024-2:2012 &
|2 & 3||Produk Hiliran Halia|
|13||Fariz Bin A. Rani||FB-024-2:2012 &
|2 & 3||Affordable Wheelchair|
|Sector: AC: Art & Culture|
|14||Haji Mohd Diah||AC-033-3:2014||Special Recognition||Pembuatan Gambus|
|15||Mohd Aidil Bin Haji Mohd Diah||AC-033-3:2014||3||Pembuatan Gambus|
|16||Suman Bin Ahmad||AC-033-3:2014||3||Kompang X-Ray|